Managing the transformation of materials into finished products in real time.
Industrial automation systems are capable of long hours of operation on their own, but someone must tell them exactly what to make and where, when and how to make it. Plant manufacturing strategy defines this, plant supervisors and operators execute it and MES software synchronizes every step of the way which gives them the power to control operations, performance and quality.
Users Report the Following Results:
- Reduced production order lead time
- Improved inventory velocity
- Improve predictability of order fulfillment
- Reduce time-to-volume for new product introductions
- Lower variance in production results
- Improved compliance and governance
- Reduced production costs
- Improve profitability
- Secure brand equity
- Increased customer satisfaction
What is MES/Operations?
Bring order to just about any industrial operation – from localized production cells to full-scale enterprise integration. Replace disparate applications or manual methods with a single, easy-to-use work order execution engine. Your teams can access job schedules, bills of materials, product specifications, work instructions, inventory utilization, product genealogy, material traceability and all other key production elements – in action, in consort and in context.
Manage work order execution, enforce products build to specification and capture all execution detail and material flow information in real time on the shop floor.
Such coordination can increase efficiencies, reduce errors, improves quality and increase product yields dramatically. Inventory turns faster, production lead times shrink, new products get to market faster and much else.
Production and Inventory Management is an Integral Part of Wonderware MES/Operations
Wonderware MES Software/Operations helps manufacturing companies manage, execute and document production operations by capturing, monitoring and managing information about the “Who, What, When, Where, Why and How Much”
Why Automate Operations?
With reliable, real-time production information, managers and operators are better equipped to streamline order flow and production execution, track the transformation of products from raw materials through finished goods and evaluate yield, quality, resource utilization and asset management better. And as the IIoT evolves along with workflow software advances, human and machine operations will become increasingly more efficient.
Management Will See:
- Reduced production costs by optimizing product runs and work schedules with less changeover time
- Improved profitability by increasing throughput, reducing scrap and rework and providing higher quality products
- Secured brand equity with fast and effective responses to unforeseen events or product quarantine/recalls
- Increased customer satisfaction by increasing transparency in order fulfillment, effective quality documentation and reducing variance in products built to customer specifications/orders
Operations Teams Will See:
- Reduced production order lead time for rapid responses to changes in demand by dynamic allocation of production assets and more granular production planning
- Improved inventory velocity through increased visibility into actual material consumptions, movements and inventory levels
- Improved predictability of order fulfillment by monitoring accurate ‘planned vs. actual’ production quantities
- Reduced time-to-volume for new product introductions with quick ‘change-overs’ between products and lines
- Lower variance in production results by improved consistency in operational activities
- Improved compliance and governance through complete electronic system records for ‘as planned’ and ‘as built’ information
Track & Trace – Go Deep
Gain real-time visibility into the full range of production processes, from production planning and setup to actual execution of operational activities, as defined by a process model. Production managers and planners can build and view material specifications and grades, bills of materials, manufacturing procedures or steps; define production routing; define shifts; and adopt downloaded production schedules received from the ERP or scheduling system.
During production, track real-time and historical material and labor consumption, lots, WIP inventory, waste, yield and finished good totals, along with other important production events. Build a complete genealogy tree for all production activities. Be prepared to manage product recalls or troubleshoot production emergencies. Such deep visibility to all production information frees you to focus on operating your manufacturing facility with maximum efficiency and productivity.
The ability to capitalize on fast-breaking opportunities is critical in today’s volatile markets. This requires knowing exactly what is happening in your facility, what is planned, and most importantly what can happen. Put real-time production information at the fingertips of the people who need it most. So your manufacturing teams have the hard data they need to understand your true capabilities, maximizing improvements, flexibility and responsiveness, to change product runs or lines on demand.
Consistent Processes and Products
Keeping production runs consistent is key to operational effectiveness. It starts with getting everyone on the same page with the established operating guidelines and procedures. It continues with ensuring that everyone sees the same bill of materials and material specifications. And is supported by effective team building, detailing user roles, and making sure they are filled with the right people with the right privileges.
Electronic workflow management provides integration of people and systems into operational processes and enforces consistency in operating procedure execution. Workflows can be triggered from planned or unplanned production events to provide notifications and information to the right people requiring a response or decision making feedback as defined in the process specification and business rules. Digitalization of people-based processes provides faster response, increased operational efficiency and mitigation of risks related to manual activities and data entry jobs.
Combining Wonderware MES and advanced workflow software capabilities offers a “Model-driven,” process-centric approach to sustainable enterprise standardization for Manufacturing Operations Management. With our unique modeling and engineering environment, it is easy to adapt templates that address emerging business opportunities and challenges as well as reduce risk and effort in creating enhancements or adapting to individual site needs.
Best Practices Made Better
Timely and detailed production information enables production teams to measure line performance and refine to perfection. Armed with this information, plant managers can guide their team towards more productive, best operating practices to drive higher levels of plant performance.
Managers and engineers can view and compare the production processes used across their plant or across sister plants to determine which combination of materials, labor, equipment and procedures deliver the best results. Goodbye guesswork; hello streamlined operations.
Scale with Confidence
What may start as traceability solution or performance tracking can grow in functional capabilities as your requirements evolve. This expanded use increases your return of investment over time and limits project risks and budget with a reasonable step by step implementation.
Optional Modules include:
- Bill of Material (BOM) Definition
- Set Up Parameter Management
- Inventory and Storage Management
- Procedural Steps, Work Instructions & Document Management
Available Extensions include:
- In-line quality management and SPC
- OEE monitoring and Asset Utilization tracking
- Business Process and Advanced Workflow Management
Collaboration On and Off the Cloud
When everyone in the plant has ready access to production information, everything works better. A wide variety of reporting tools help deliver real-time reporting on production events via intuitive user interface screens – on the desktop or in the cloud – so web-based production reports are available to anyone with Internet access and a need to know.
Contact our sales team with any questions or requests about our products
If you're already a Wonderware customer, please contact your assigned account executive
All customers with a support contract can download Wonderware software and media from the Global Customer Support website
A license is required to activate the software.